Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Looking for a healthy slow cooker meal that tastes like true comfort food?
This recipe also has a DIY meal kit option so preparing it for a weeknight meal is a breeze.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Stew
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 large celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3 large carrots cut in chunks
- 1½ lbs. tri-color potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 c. chicken stock preferably organic
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- If preparing a meal kit place all ingredients except 2 cups of the stock and the parsley in a crockpot liner placed inside a freezer gallon ziplock bag.
- The morning you wish to serve this meal carefully remove the liner and place it in the crockpot.
- Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!