Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Yogurt Dip
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced into wedges
- 2 T. coconut oil melted
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. coconut yogurt
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. fresh dill minced
- 3 T. fresh parsley minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle spice mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss until all wedges are lightly coated.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. For crispier wedges, do not overcrowd.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy around the edges, around 30-35 minutes. Flip once hallway through the cooking process to brown both sides.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!