In this article:
Ingredients | Preparation | Customization | Tips
These spicy sweet potato wedges really hit the spot when you are craving something salty and fried but unlike the French fries at Micky D’s these little nuggets are baked. Not fried….
The spices in this recipe give them a nice warm heat and the coconut yogurt dipping sauce is the perfect compliment.
I think they would make a great addition to these Sheet Pan Boneless Pork Chops with Peaches
Or maybe on this of these Apple and Rosemary Pork Chops
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Curry powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Coconut yogurt
- Lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Toss the sweet potato wedges with coconut oil and spices and bake for aproximately 30-35 minutes
Blend the yogurt, lemon juice, herbs, and salt and pepper to serve on the side.
You can use any other oil of your choice like olive or avodaco oil.
Adjust the seasonings to make these potatoes less spicy or more spicy depending on how you like them. You can delete the cayenne altogether if you think the kiddos might not be a fan of the hot stuff.
They may also prefer ketchup
Using a silicone baking mat or parchement paper means clean up is a snap!
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Yogurt Dip
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced into wedges
- 2 T. coconut oil melted
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. coconut yogurt
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. fresh dill minced
- 3 T. fresh parsley minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle spice mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss until all wedges are lightly coated.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. For crispier wedges, do not overcrowd.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy around the edges, around 30-35 minutes. Flip once hallway through the cooking process to brown both sides.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!