Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Stew
This recipe makes a great meal kit for an easy weeknight meal.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 large celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3 large carrots cut in chunks
- 1½ lbs. tri-color potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 c. chicken stock preferably organic
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
If preparing a meal kit place all ingredients except 2 cups of the stock and the parsley in a crockpot liner placed inside a freezer gallon ziplock bag.
The morning you wish to serve this meal carefully remove the liner and place it in the crockpot.
Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 1417mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5230IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg