- 3/4 c. full-fat non-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 T. honey* or one very small pinch Stevia powder
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- ½ small red onion outer skin removed and cut into thin slices
- 2 large heads fresh broccoli tough stems removed, rinsed, and broken into florets
- 6 slices bacon* cooked crispy and crumbled
- ¼ c. fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. toasted pumpkin seeds unsalted
- To make the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli florets for about 4 minutes or place in a large, microwave-safe dish and add 2-3 T. water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, or until florets are crisp tender. (Check after 3 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly).
- Drain excess liquid. Set aside, uncovered, and allow steamed florets to cool.
- In a large glass or other non-reactive bowl, combine the red onion, broccoli, crumbled bacon, and fresh parsley. Toss gently to combine. Top with ½ Greek yogurt dressing and toss again until ingredients are thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight before serving. Cover and reserve remaining dressing, as well.
- Toss chilled salad with remaining dressing right before serving. Sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds right before serving to keep them crunchy.
*1 tablespoon of honey contains up to 17 grams of carbs, or approximately 4¼ grams per serving. If this is too high for your needs, you can use a very small amount of stevia powder or liquid as a substitute.