Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Salad for breakfast?
Why not? I mean, who made the rules anyway?
Who says you have to have pancakes or cereal? Do you think the breakfast food police are going to get you?
One of my favorite breakfast foods is soup and I am also known for eating leftover dinner foods including salad.
This salad is loaded with everything you could possibly want to nourish your body first thing in the morning. Lean protein, nutrient-dense seeds, dark leafy greens, and healthy fats. Oh, and it does have eggs, hence the name breakfast salad.
If you wanted you could certainly have this for lunch or dinner.
Remember, no rules!!!!
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz. 60g rocket or arugula
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/8 cup 20g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds or pumpkin
- Boil the eggs to your liking, for hard-boiled cook them for around 5-8 minutes.
- Place the rocket or arugula in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and rub everything into the lettuce with your hands.
- Half the avocado and remove the stone. Cut the flesh into cubes, then add into the bowl alongside the crumbled feta cheese and sunflower seeds. Give everything a good mix and divide between two plates.
- Once eggs are cooked, peel them and cut in quarters, and divide between the two plates. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and more lemon juice if required.