Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Honey Glazed Carrots with Sunflower Seeds
- 2 lbs carrots Peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 4 tbl honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbl unsalted butter
- 2 tbs roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Slice the carrots on the bias into pieces that are 1/4" thick and approx 2" long. Combine the carrots, broth, 2 TBL honey, and salt in a 12" nonstick skillet.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook covered, stirring occasionally until the carrots are almost tender about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, return to a boil, and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced to about 4 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and remaining 2 TBL of honey. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the carrots are completely tender and the glaze is lightly golden about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice, sprinkle with the roasted sunflower seeds, and season with salt and pepper to taste.