Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes quartered*
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- Sprigs fresh basil
*Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!