Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1½ t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 14- oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ c. chicken broth preferably organic
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Avocado diced
- Pickled jalapenos and red onion to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken tenders and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken develops a bit of color on each side, around 6-7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is well coated, and the spices are fragrant, around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with diced avocado or pickled jalapenos and red onion, if desired, and serve immediately with rice or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!