In this article:
Ingredients | Preparation | Customization | Tips
The ingredients in this recipe are very simple but go together so well.
You don’t have to have 20 ingredients and a complicated process to have a wonderful go to meal.
This lemom dill salmon with herb salad is one of my rotating recipes and I will frequently prepare it on Thursday which is fish night in my house.
The herb salad is fresh, clean, and vibrant and is wonderful along side this fish.
Oh, and did I mention how quick this all comes together? I didn’t?
OK, it comes together very quickly. You can have the whole meal on the table in about 20 minutes.
Winner-winner fish dinner.
Do you try to have fish at least once a week?
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh dill
- Fresh mint
- Fresh basil
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh lemon
Sear salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Prepare salad and dressing.
Season fish and serve with salad.
You can add whatever herbs you have on hand and what you like. I am a huge fan of flat leaf parsley and think that would be fantastic in the dish.
You can also use a different variety of fish if you are not a huge salmon fan. I think a nice firm white fish like cod or flounder would work just fine.
Herbs are so easy to grow indoors in a pot or outside in your garden.
You can save a ton of money growing your own herbs and then when you need something for a recipe you don’t have to buy it. and… it doesn’t get any fresher or tasiet than when you pick it and use it immediately.
Be careful not to overcook your fish. I am so totally guilty of this. I just can’t quite get it through my head how fast fish cooks.
Save this recipe and have it automatically create your shopping list with Plan to Eat. I am not joking it has changed my life.
Lemon and Dill Salmon with Herb Salad
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 6- oz. Alaskan wild-caught salmon filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 c. mixed salad greens
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 medium English cucumber peeled, cut in half and seeded
- 4-5 fresh dill sprigs roughly chopped
- ¼ c. fresh mint leaves chopped
- ¼ c. fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh lemon cut into wedges
- 1 fresh lemon cut into slices
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- Preheat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Season the salmon with some salt and pepper on both sides and place skin-side down in the hot pan. Sear for 3 - 4 minutes before carefully flipping the filets. Cook for another 3-4 minutes before removing from heat.
- In the meantime, combine the mixed salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar in a small glass bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- To serve, season the salmon with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a few dill sprigs. Serve with herb salad and enjoy!