Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
This delicious pan roasted brussels sprouts and bacon side dish is full of caramelized flavor punctuated by tasty bits of bacon and crispy goodness.
Pair this dish with pork chops or roasted chicken for a wonderful, low-carb meal.
How about serving them with Apple and Rosemary Pork Chops ?
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Coat brussels sprouts with olive oil and season. Cook in pan until brown and finish in oven with bacon crumbled on top.
- This is a great way to prepare brussels sprouts even if you don’t eat meat. Leave the bacon out. They would still be fantastic. I just happen to think everything tastes better with bacon.- nitrate free of course.
- Use a splatter guard to keep the oil from getting all over your stove.
- Use Plan to Eat to make your life easier. It is one of the most robust user friendly grocery and meal planning apps I have ever used. It has literally changed my life.
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices opt for the nitrate free
- 1½ lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, turning once to ensure it is cooked evenly on both sides. Cover pan with a splatter guard while cooking, if desired. Remove skillet from heat and place cooked bacon on a wire rack set over paper towels to drain. Once cool, blot bacon with paper towels to remove excess fat before crumbling. After skillet has cooled slightly, carefully drain the excess bacon fat into an empty can or other heat-safe container. If any fat drips down the side of the skillet, be sure to wipe it off with a damp dish cloth before putting it back on the burner. In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add Brussels sprouts and cook for several minutes until they begin to turn brown. Add the crumbled bacon to the skillet and place in the pre-heated oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sprouts turn a rich, caramelized color. Remove skillet from oven and serve immediately.