In this article:
Ingredients | Preparation | Customization | Tips
This avocado, lime, and cilantro dressing is the bomb!
This is a dressing that can be used for just about anything. Well, I wouldn’t put it on a pancake but there are many other options. See tips below for some great ideas.
It is easy, creamy, full of healthy fat and is a clean recipe. No added garbage like preservatives, emulsifiers, or artificial colors.
It gets its vibrant green color from the cilantro and the addition of lime and garlic bring the flavors to a whole new level.
Try it on this grilled shrimp salad to take it over the top!
- Greek yogurt
- Juice from a fresh lime
Place everything in a blender or food processor and whir it up until smooth.
I think it is perfect the way it is but you can certainly add some additional ingredients if you wish.
- Fresh jalapeno for a little kick
- Coriander to add some brightness
- Cumin for some warm earthy notes
- Chipotle pepper to make it a little smoky with some heat
- Hot sauce to bump up the heat
Make sure your avocado is ripe. Here is how to tell when your avocado is just right.
Keep it from turning brown by squirting a little lime juice on top. The citric acid help to slow down oxidation.
Ideas for using this heavenly dressing:
- Scrambled eggs
- Roasted meats
- Grilled veggies
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender, season with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to achieve the desired texture.