Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Too hot for a big meal?
Try this light yet satisfying salad with some crusty bread and a cold glass of chardonnay.
The avocado, lime, and cilantro dressing is so good you will want to pour it on everything.
- 2 corn cobs
- 4 small heads of Romaine lettuce halved
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimps
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- avocado, lime, & cilantro dressing
- Prepare the dressing Avocado, Lime & Cilantro Dressing.
- Heat the grill (outdoor or oven) to medium-high heat. Brush the corn with 1 tsp. olive oil and season with salt. Wrap in foil. Brush the romaine lettuce with the remaining 1 tsp of oil and also season with some salt.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and brush them with 1/3 of the earlier prepared dressing.
- Grill the corn 20-25 mins, turning a few times. Grill lettuce and shrimps for about 5 mins.
- To assemble the salad, loosely chop the grilled lettuce, cut corn off the cobs and mix everything with the chopped vegetables and grilled shrimps. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.