Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Grilled Shrimp Salad is perfect light summer meal. Salads are easy. Easy to make, easy on the waistline, and easy to clean up.
Try this light yet satisfying salad with some crusty bread and a cold glass of chardonnay.
The avocado, lime, and cilantro dressing is so good you will want to pour it on everything.
Here are some links to more recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 corn cobs
- 4 small heads of Romaine lettuce halved
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimps
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- avocado, lime, & cilantro dressing
- Prepare the dressing Avocado, Lime & Cilantro Dressing.
- Heat the grill (outdoor or oven) to medium-high heat. Brush the corn with 1 tsp. olive oil and season with salt. Wrap in foil. Brush the romaine lettuce with the remaining 1 tsp of oil and also season with some salt.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and brush them with 1/3 of the earlier prepared dressing.
- Grill the corn 20-25 mins, turning a few times. Grill lettuce and shrimps for about 5 mins.
- To assemble the salad, loosely chop the grilled lettuce, cut corn off the cobs and mix everything with the chopped vegetables and grilled shrimps. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.